Saturday, April 30, 2011

A little bird told me ....

...this casting business is addictive - and it is true!

Here is what happens when you just can't stop ...
 
This is a bird and twig casting combined - although I did lop off the poor birdy's feet!


I also tried attaching it with a loop hanger...


...but in the end I decided the twirly vine thingy worked best.


 I have made this one as a birthday gift for my eldest who turned 22 (yikes!) yesterday but I will definitely revisit this design. I purchased that lovely dinged up heart at the Creative Souls retreat last year from Judy. I riveted on the cog on as a bit of a reminder that whilst our hearts do get a bit dinged and dented along Life's path - they still keep working. This is the last week-end before Uni goes back and it is going to be a pressure-cooker term - it is very short - so I hope to make some more molds whilst I have the time - and energy!

3 comments:

Rustic Tarts said...

You haven't got time to go back to Uni - keep casting away - I really love what you are creating!

Mogs Designs said...

Oh it's just fabulous, have a lovely weekend
M
xxx

ladychiara said...

I just love it and can't wait to see your next creation. Have a fun weekend. :)