Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Do you know what this is ...?

 
 
If you said " Why Sue, I believe that is a ball of t-shirt yarn - in fact the very first ball of t-shirt yarn made by your fair hand", then you would be absolutely RIGHT! Well done you! This stuff is so easy peasy to make - a few snips of the scissors and it is good-bye 5o cent Yarra Trail T-shirt and hello scrummy ball of yarn! Naturally this also gives me another excuse to hit the op-shops to search out old t-shirts. Now, I do in actual fact plan to knit ( Melissa, Kath get UP off the floor immediately!) this stuff into something natty - something that just involves a square or rectangle 'cos I don't actually know how to knit. Any suggestions?! Well, I will be working up to that. In the meantime, this is what I made with the short bits cut from the sleeves.


Frankly, apart from the scrumptious colours I am not too sure about this piece. I wanted to use the yarn to make bracelets but clearly today was not a bracelet day 'cos everything I tried looked awful. I just had to make something though. Maybe it will grow on me - in its favour it makes a quite nice "tinking" sound when the glass rings bump into each other! Now I just need to hunt me up some off those pointy sticks and learn to knit - how hard can it be ...?

3 comments:

Finki said...

you're knitting skills sound just like mine...if it's square or rectangle I can manage it, otherwise I'm lost! But that t-shirt yarn does make yah wanna get click clacking. can't wait to see what you make.

Melissa said...

It must be the yaer to try new pursuits!
The yarn looks yummie
M
xxxx

Rustic Tarts said...

I am so darn impressed - the yarn looks wonderful.
Does your brain ever have a rest?