We designed the front using some stamps, photocopied them and then coloured them with watercolours.
Then we cut them to size ...
A while ago I bought some beautiful dyed doiley bits from Megan at FreshVintageCrafts and they were so pretty I thought we could use them for the cards. Sadly I had bought mostly large ones and they were just too big to fit! No time to get more so I decided to have a crack myself ! I think it is best left to the experts - I only had food colouring which is probably ok for cards - lets just hope none of them get wet! The colours of the ones Megan makes are really crisp and gorgeous - mine are a bit motley!
After stitching on the buttons we glued them to the cards.
All done! Yay!
Of course we had to design and print the words for the inside - thankfully the local library has Publisher so that was pretty easy. It was neat to spend time with girls crafting and I am glad we went this way instead of getting something printed - it would have been less time consuming but no-where near as good for my spirit or my wallet! Now it is off to the Post Office!