Sunday, March 3, 2013

Thrift-a-long

After a little hiatus I am resurrecting "Thrift-a-long" so if you would like to join in and share your thrifted treasures just click on the link below. I wasn't hunting for anything in particular this week but I had the good fortune to find some gorgeous beads to re-purpose.



 This collection is quite an organic bunch - wood, seeds, shells and bone. Oh and a lovely patterned white metal cuff.


This one might not be re-purposed because with a bit of a scrub up I think it will be a lovely additin to my cuff collection!


Lovely Job's Tears - what can I say? They remain my favourite natural seed bead.


I don't know what kind of snail these shells originally housed but I do love their delicate patterning.
Now, just to reassure my friends who may be starting to think I am turning into a hoarder I thought I would prove that I do indeed use my finds in my work!


I think those pretty shells with their soft grey patterns work nicely with the pewter - don't you?


The casting is made of reclaimed pewter that I poured into a handcrafted mold that I made. The little pearls are from a necklace found in an op shop and the other bits are recycled sterling silver, copper and leather.


There you have it - no need to plan and intervention folks - I am using my STUFF!
Hhmmm - not sure if I mentioned I also found 2 vintage linen tea towels, several silver plated trays, a vintage leather bag - oh and these ...


Join in and confess all ...





No comments: