Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Waste not, want not ...

Remember those lovely forks? Well, they are progressing quietly to begin their second life as charm bangles. In the meantime, I couldn't resist using some of the left-over bits to make some pretty ear-dangles ...


First I hacked up the fork some more and filed and filed ... then I soldered on some sterling wire and added some amozonite and amethyst beads. Some more bashing and polishing followed and voila!  I think they are rather pretty - maybe next year for the SALA Festival I will do an exhibition titled "100 ear-rings" and just forget about making anything else because it seems to pretty much all I am producing just now ...

2 comments:

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Crikey,I'm quick off the mark aren't I with this comment? Beeoootiful earrings. Clever you!

Melissa said...

"WE" dare you too!