Monday, June 6, 2011

Buttons, buttons - whose got da buttons?

Meeeeee! I do love buttons - everything about them is appealing from the sound they make when you shake your Mum's button tin to all the gorgeous colours they come in. Have a peek at part of my button collection ...


It's a mess right ? No order at all really which makes it difficult to access and use all those pretties! Well, it has been a goodly while since I have made any colourful button jewellery and I was in the mood ... So, I bit the bullet and sorted my stash!


I have to admit, it took a bit of courage to tip them out on the table but with the help of my trusty weird-arse divided microwave trays, I made great progress - fairly quickly. And the effort was sooooooo worth the result!

They look great now - and are so easy to find. Oh - and they take up much less space in the studio. I still have to sort the metallic buttons and the mother-of-pearl buttons into containers. This process has also reminded me that there is an AWFUL lot of white buttons in the world and I seem to have garnered more than my fair share of them . Still, after the apocalyptic clean-up I felt quite inspired. Here are some of the pieces I put together ...


After all this,  I feel I will sleep the sleep of the righteous and tidy - don't you?!


9 comments:

Two Dog Pond said...

Everything about this is so impressive! Your sorting and organizing - amazing! The great jewelry you made - Incredible! Makes me want to send you all my buttons...if I knew where they were...

Anonymous said...

How neat! They all look so pretty! And yes, it would seem that there are a zillion white buttons; I also seem to have rather a lot!!

Melissa said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo, you know how much I just adore them!!

Nelly said...

I have mine in bottles(the ones I have sorted that is) but I like your idea better much neater and easier to store

Ro Bruhn said...

What a gorgeous collection and I love the jewelry you've made with them. I had mine all organized in individual boxes, but it was too much hassle so now they all live happily together in one huge draw. I love looking through them to select the right one.

Rustic Tarts said...

Good job - what an achievement! Something else I must do sometime....

Lyndel said...

oh what a great effort, and wonderful result. well done YOU!
and the necklaces... devine♥

Anonymous said...

Now that is a serious load of buttons- I;m sure you had fun colour coding them- I would have loved to have helped!

Ms Kath Pathwalker said...

Ah! Sweet Satisfaction! Gorgeous. x