Saturday, December 22, 2012

Well that was fun ...

There is nothing like a bit of "Christmas Craft" to help you get into holiday mode is there? I decided to have a crack at making a wreath for my front door. It turned out ok but the best part really was in the making rather than the result!


Firstly I made a big old mess - cutting up old books and drinking fortifying cups of tea.


I rolled lots of "cones" from a hymn book I got at the op shop. I live in an area that was settled by Lutherans so there is no shortage of these hymnals in the thrift stores around here! Sadly my cones are a little less "coney" than they should be. The leaves are also cut from book pages with silver leaf added - now that really was fun!


The end result is a slightly skewed wreath-like thing. I kinda lost track of where I was so it is a bit lopsided...
Never mind, I got to play with the hot glue gun and it looks kinda interesting on the door!
Now I gotta craft me up a tree ....

4 comments:

Lyndel said...

that is one cute Wreath! reading back over your blog, Sue, I realize what I've been missing these last 12months or so when I have not been blogging. Happy to be back, just to read great inspirational works like yours. And may I say your daughters papercuts are more than just amazing. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

emma-alittlebitofeverything said...

I like your un coney cones!This wouls last 2 minutes on my windy door ;)

What a proud Mama you must be!

Happy Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Turned out ok, you're crazy woman it's fantastic. But I understand artist and creatives we are all our worst critics. Love the wreath and be proud to donn that in my front door. Merry Christmas. X

Ro Bruhn said...

Looks good Sue, very original. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and that the weather's not too hot for you. More happy creating in 2013.