Thursday, October 13, 2011

Flogging my wares ...

The last month or so has flown by in a blur of activity - I seem to hardly have had time to read other blogs let alone post on mine! Towards the end of September, I had the opportunity to head over to the Yorke Peninsula to attend a bi-annual event that lasts three days. I was plying my trade - jewellery that is folks - and as a major bonus, hanging out with my dear friend Melissa. Sales were down on other years but Melissa and her dear hubby kept my spirits buoyed with lovely food, daily trips to the beach and gin! Here is what our stall looked like - we crammed alot into a fairly small space ...


This was taken on Day 2 so there were a few less things on display - it was an effort let me tell you! Melissa had made some fantastic clothes from revamped thrift store finds - hard to see here but let me tell you they were GORGEOUS!



Lots of colourful things - as you might expect!


These little tree necklaces are my new favourite thing. I hand-cut the wooden tree, decorated it with inks and paint and added a little bird that I cast from reclaimed pewter.


One of the best things about direct selling is that you get to meet the people who buy your things. This necklace looked so stunning on the lovely woman that purchased it that had she asked, I would have given it to her for free! Well prolly not but you know what I mean?! That gorgeous cardi is one of Melissa's revamped creations - she made all those lovely flowers - can you believe it?!


I included some of the "higher end" things this year and they were well received but may take another year or two to reach their full potential at this particular venue I think!


More colourful bits - can you see the tree necklace in the background? I loved making these so much I did a few colorways! All in all it was a fun and exhausting couple of days and this time around the financial reward probably didn't warrant the effort but on a personal level - spending a solid bunch of time with a bestie - is quite frankly, reward enough!



4 comments:

Julz said...

Wow Sue...I have to say, your stall looked absolutely amazing. I love that little flower cardie made by your friend...so sweet.
I also like your little trees too...so adorable. In fact...i wish i had been able to come to your stall...I think i would have been much poorer after I left hehe!
Sorry to here sales were down...do you sell your work through other avenues?

Ms Kath Pathwalker said...

Yay!! A wonderful post darling! What an amazing array of beautiful jewels!! Fantastic!!

Rustic Tarts said...

Now just what are you trying to say about YP residents??? Tight purses, non appreciative of quality and arty goodness? mmmm!!!!
I know exactly what you mean.
Your stall looked lovely and I would have bought if I had got there. I haven't checked with Kirsty to see if she got there at all, will see her tonight.

Ms Kath Pathwalker said...

Hey, did you notice that beautiful red and silver necklace with the red leather flower???? Well, our committee purchased that as a thank you to a wonderful woman and she LOVED it! Thanks Sue!!!!