Friday, October 28, 2011

Ideas and doings ...

Well, we are certainly getting to the pointy end of the Uni semester - just 3 studio weeks left to go and still several projects to get off the drawing board and printed up! Yikes. Despite all that though I have been having fun with my friend Audrey Harnett organising a 'pop-up shop' that we plan to have in December. It is funny how ideas are born you know - sometimes they come as a great crash and sometimes as a gentle melding of experiences and circumstances. Audrey spent some time in Paris earlier this year and was just smitten with all the vintage gorgeousness she found there. Then she discovered an old postcard in a second-hand store, that "Girty" had written to "Ethel", wishing her a very Merry Christmas. An idea was taking shape - we could be Ethel and Girty and have a Christmas sale featuring not just our jewellery but other vintagy handcrafted wares we have both been longing to make! Of course we plan to have Bubbles in tea cups and cup cakes too - a tea party of sorts really! First step has been to make an invite - and here it is ...


So if you happen to be around our way on the 10th Dec. do drop in! Now to get making ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like so much fun, wish I could drop by but I'm in QLD. Hope you have a fab time with it.

Rustic Tarts said...

Drats - I want to come - but I'm at the Markets down here that day. Save me some bubbly!

Miss Kath Pathwalker said...

YIPPEEEE YAHOO HOORAY!!!! I JUST KNEW I THAT MAGIC MIGHT VERY WELL HAPPEN!!!