Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thrifting Goodness

 Seems the thrifting stars were aligned for me this week 'cos I hunted up some lovely treasures ...


This gorgeous pearl necklace is in its original case. The op shop lady sold it to me for three bucks because it was broken - apparently it was in one piece when they got it but someone tried it on and it broke!


All the stones on that amazing clasp are intact - woo hoo!


A lovely stack of very sweet doilies - all between 10 and 20 cents each - unheard of these days!






Aren't they pretty - and they have handmade lace edging too.

 Without doubt this is my favourite find - half of an old pair of specs. The lens is seriously magnifying and the case is all rusty and crusty - gorgeous!

Creamy, dreamy old buttons ...


Creamy,dreamy mother-of-pearl buttons - yummo!


A collection of beady bits and pieces that are clearly not vintage but have some potenial for remaking.


That big silver ball by Tiffany and Co has a sterling silver stamp on it (925) and the necklace has a hallmarked tag but I am not really sure if they are real. I looked up the brand and it seems to me there are quite a few knock-offs. Doesn't matter overly to me - I only discovered the tag when I got home - I just thought that the metal beads would come in handy and were well worth the dollar I paid for them.
Joining in with the gang over at Sophies. Did you get to the oppies this week?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

sooo pretty

Ms Kath Pathwalker said...

Yum scrum! Good job!

Bec said...

Nice haul. Well done.

Helen and her Daughters said...

Lovely Finds, I love the necklace!