Friday, August 24, 2012

Custom Order

I rarely do custom orders. I think I have always been scared off by the idea that what I make might not be exactly what the customer had in mind. This customer had fallen in love with a piece in my SALA show. It was sold. So, I have made a similar one - not exactly the same 'cos when you are using primarily found bits and pieces that is pretty hard to pull off. It has the same kind of elements though so I am hopeful that it will make my customer happy.


It features a hand cast reclaimed pewter rabbit - that is an element I can repeat endlessly. The other components vary depending what I have available. Vintage keys are always a favourite ...




And here it is tucked up snugly in a little handmade box with an explanatory note. It is off to its new home today. Adieu petit lapin. 

5 comments:

Ms Kath Pathwalker said...

WOW! fantasic Sue. xx

Ms Kath Pathwalker said...

or fabnastic or FANTASTIC even...

Pam said...

It's gorgeous Sue! I just love that style. :)

Enchanted Moments said...

I love anything rabbity...I love rabbits...that is amazing...now wonder she requested another to be made...great job.

Two Dog Pond said...

She will love it! How could she not!?