Monday, August 20, 2012

Keeping busy.

Whist still feeling a bit under the weather, my hands have been itching to get busy but my brain is a tad fuzzy and seems to be too big for my head 'cos it feels like it could explode any second! After a bit of a domestic blitz this morning (after days of neglect) I really wasn't feeling up to much this arvo but I am not very good at being idle - actually that is not strictly true - I am excellent at being idle anywhere near a beach particularly with  a Margarita to hand... Okay so I am land locked and apart from the Vitamin C in the lemons I am fairly sure a Margarita is about the last thing I need so I decided to get started making boxes for the jewellery that has sold at a recent exhibition. The show finishes on Sunday so I am feeling pretty righteous that I am making these ahead of time! Despite being a printmaking major (next year woo hoo!) I am actually not all that fabulous at it - printmaking I mean. I take forever to get a handle on a process and I am not a keen drawer. That means that I usually end up with loads of dud prints that are printed on such nice paper that I can never bear to chuck them out. So, I am recycling them into packaging.


Armed with some unfinished screenprints, a bone folder and my trusty glue tape, I have turned out a rather satisfying little stack of boxes.


They are quite pretty really. I have added a little cut out that I made from some old maps. The darker ones are old etchings.


I feel better for having done something productive today. I do not consider houseworky stuff productive 'cos no sooner do you do it than it is undone but my little boxes are completely tangible. Off now to find some Panadol!

3 comments:

Ms Kath Pathwalker said...

I always love your packaging! So beautiful!

Melissa said...

Have a hot lemon and brandy, better than panadol!
Love the beautiful packaging
Hope you feel better soon
xxx

Anonymous said...



hope the panadol has kicked in by now - housework for me lets me sort my thoughts out.. not so bad.

And yes boxes for the items you make are nearly as important..