Friday, September 21, 2012

Have you seen this ....?

I was in Spotlight yesterday to buy some Mod Podge. Naturally I couldn't resist a trundle down the beady aisle. Imagine my surprise when I came across this stuff.
( Don if you are reading this, avert your eyes - NOW!)




Nooooooooooooooooooo!! But wait - there is more ...


Seriously? Urban Warrior? Aarrrggghhhhh! This does my head in. I can only hope that people get that these are cheesy money grabs trying to replicate an aesthetic that only works because of the authenticity of the materials used - you know, found objects, actual discards and remnants of the past? Sheesh!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya.
It's a definite crude grab.

Ro Bruhn said...

I saw them a couple of weeks ago and cringed. They've taken all of the pleasure and creativity out of making something from nothing. Where's the thrill of opening a packet and finding a brand new 'old' found object. Half the excitement of creating is in the finding.

Steph said...

And I heard they have a starter kit that includes magic creativity pills... lol just kidding... but I'm sure some people would buy it if it existed...
The Belgian vengeance is on its way...

Pam said...

Me thinks they're (Spotlight) fast becoming as bad as the big supermarkets that are always muscling in on what's popular with us by cheapening it down! In my opinion they're part of the movement that has seen the demise of small craft stores all over the country!!
Mmmm....might go off and make me some little bit of my own steampunk. :) x