Sunday, February 27, 2011

Flea Market Finds

I really like typography. It is that simple - if a piece of artwork includes letters and text, chances are I am gonna like it. I practically drool over the amazing collection of letter-press stuff housed in the printmaking studio at art school. So, you can imagine my delight when I found a bag full of letters - lovely wooden letters- and a few numbers ...

 
They are an odd assortment but all in primary colours so I am guessing they were from alphabet puzzles originally. I think I will be creating some kind of arrangement with them. For now I just like looking at them piled up on the table!


They are beautifully worn - there is even evidence of the odd tooth mark where a kindy kid has decided to have a taste. People collect all sorts of stuff and you can see more over at Sophie's.

7 comments:

nadine paduart said...

'ello sue!
how i understand, a passion for type... i would sort of dive for a package of any type, i have done so in the past, not that diving was imperative, it just urges me so...
lovely to hear from you.
ps - i will not cut it up, did i already say?
n♥

Knicky Knacks said...

Oh, they are stunning and I'm so envious. I'd love to get my hands on some of these. What a remarkable find. Lucky you. Enjoy them!

Lea said...

Love them! Just precious, beautifully worn, gorgeous colours. GREAT find!

Cathy said...

some many possibilities!

Numinosity said...

This is just the TYPE of thing I would pick up!
xoxo Kim

Anonymous said...

Funny, I scored a bag similar, but with less cool aged patina.

I spray painted mine off white, now there is the word LOVE on my shelf...

Melissa said...

OOOO fabo find, well done, I love that they have tiny tooth marks.
M
xxx