Friday, February 4, 2011

So, that was January...?

Oh I had such wonderful plans for January. There were to be tidy cupboards and sorted files and a satisfying pile of  well crafted jewellery. Alas, alack it would seem that my motivation plummeted in direct correlation to the rising Mercury and I have done nothing. That is right, a big, fat ZERO! Nada, zip - nuthin' ! Hence I have had little of interest to share as I have without doubt become the-most-boring-person-on-Earth. I am even bored with me! The sooner Uni starts and I am under the pump with assignments  and work the better I think!
A while back, I dragged out the sewing machine and set up on the kitchen table to sew some softies for this worthy cause. Well, the machine didn't grow legs once I was finished and walk itself back to the cupboard so it has remained perched on the end of the table all this time. Finally, I grew tired of its silent reproach and thought I may as well set to and use the damn thing since clearly it wasn't going anywhere fast. These are the result of some petulant poking through scraps and an extremely half-arsed effort at tidying up ...


I have patched together some leather scraps and kimono silks.




Then I did a little free-hand embellishment - inspired by the lovely Ro whose work I admire greatly.



These cuffs are lined with leather and I have used vintage buttons as closures. I call them "Collage Cuffs"


I hope this means that my mojo is returning and that I will be motivated to get my arse off the couch before it becomes permanently attatched  - at the current rate of butt expansion due to lack of movement, it won't be long before my arse is a bloody couch ....

4 comments:

Nelly said...

They are lovely I reckon they will sell like hotcuffs lol

Numinosity said...

Cool cuffs! I wanted to let you know that I received your precious earrings yesterday! They look every bit as good in person as your photos. Thank you so much!
They are my new faves.
xoxo Kim

Anonymous said...

If the only thing you did last month were these then dont be too hard on yourself- they are very cool.

nadine paduart said...

you had me looking up cuffs, for i couldn't for the life of me begin to imagine... now, i know! they look grandiose, may i say?

well, in the meantime inspiration may have returned for ya, but my love, dry days are just as needed as brimful ones...., no?
the brain works hard while we're boring ourselves. i admit i do not like it one bit when i'm under the spell of doing-nothing-special-and-really-boring-myself-to-the-ground, but when it stops!
the funny thing is, one can't seem to do alot about it, just undergo it, sit it out, scream about it perhaps. and then some....
you've just made me feel a little better about my creative inertia (due to renovations...). ha!