Monday, September 27, 2010

Back in the workroom - at last!

Today seemed to be an ear-ring kinda day ...



In celebration of Spring - little birds that I made and some pretty 'flowers' Thr bottom beads are actually a soft violet colour but for some reason they look like moonstone here.


I chopped up a small Selangor pewter bowl today and used some of it to make these. I textured the discs with my new you-beaut texturing hammer then patinaed them for a yummy charcoal colour. The copper was from the tray I found at the op shop and I riveted it on with a brass rivet.

These were also made from the pweter bowl and I textured this one too. These are very simple but I think they are rather stylish.

The delicacy of the pattern looks a bit like fabric to me. It felt good to be back in the workroom for sure!

2 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

Love these Sue, such a great selection. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who cuts up metal trays.

Julz said...

Gorgeous earrings Sue...especially those little birdies!!! Are they made out of metal too?
Julz