Sunday, September 5, 2010

Flea Market Finds


Despite the gruesome weather and a crappy headcold, I did manage to rummage about in a couple of local thrift stores this week. I found some lovely handmade beads ...

I love these earthy clay beads but I will probably seal the terracotta ones before I use them.


This is a great Willow tin canister. How cool are those teapots?

A couple of rusty keys that are a nice size to include in some jewellery.


Oh the joy of finding a pair of barely worn slip-on red shoes! My heartbeat sped up when I saw these lurking amongst the far less glam offerings on the shoe rack. I actually held my breath as I flipped them over to see if they were my size! Yippeeeee - a golden moment in thrift shopping history - they FIT!!!! They also are a wonderful replacement for these old faithfuls ...

I have pretty much worn these guys out but I have been unwilling to part with them until a suitable replacement could be found - and today was that day! The new ones are quite pointy but I thought I would simply channel my inner Dorothy and totally pull them off! Oh yeah!


Ok, so this is a bit boring but I am planning a transformation! The first step is to add some colour ...


That is already a big improvement, but there is more to come and it involves


...lots and lots of these. Sadly, the weather is so FOUL that the paint is taking  for-evah to dry so I will have to post a pic of the finished article another day. Hope the thrift demons were with you this week as you foraged, rummaged and sifted. To see what everyone else got up to in the thrift stores this week, take a gander over here at Sophie's.

6 comments:

Snooze said...

You've had a good week for finds even though you're not feling so well. I hope you're feeling better soon
My Flea Market Find

Thea said...

Get well soon but how pleased must you be to have found those beads. Perfect for your work. x

Unknown said...

Those handmade beads are fab! And the red shoes in your size, excellent.. the op shop gods were looking out for you this week =)

nadine paduart said...

extremely cool teapots, i agree. want to draw them now! :)

marian said...

HA i've got that tin too :))

oh and i LOVE those rusty keys!

despite the crappy weather you did indeed do very well!:)

zigsma said...

Just love the tea caddy. And of course you can pull those shoes off - they're red! Effortless.