Friday, November 2, 2012

Beady Eyed ...

It has been a good long while since I sat down and made some beaded jewellery. No wonder I used to make so much of it - it is great fun - and easier on the hands than all that metal work! Seems I was channeling my inner Frida today ...


 I started out making some flowers - I used to make these years and years ago - usually out of 'natural' coloured wood beads for a surfie range. Today it was all about colour - and then I decided they should all go together! They are each about the size of a 50 cent piece.  Then I thought some ear-rings would be fun ...




Apologies for the quality of the pictures - I wanted to share them RIGHT NOW and of course have taken the photos indoors in poor light ... still you get the idea right? These babies are about as big as a 20 cent piece and look substantial but are light as light because they are made predominately of wood beads.
I can see myself returning to this theme - I love all that colour! Maybe I could make some really big ones ...?

3 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

Great to see all the colour Sue, these are fabulous pieces. Love the necklace.

Rustic Tarts said...

Love, love!

Melissa said...

They are so pretty and happy, when is the event