Sunday, April 24, 2011

CastAway.

Well that is a  lame title for this post - let's blame it on fatigue - and over-consumption of joyfulness. And exactly what is making me so joyful? I am glad you asked because I am busting to share my latest adventure with metal! I have had another go at casting pewter. I made the molds, melted the pewter and everything. Given my slight phobia about flame ( ah yes, that is one of the reasons cold connections are so dear to my heart ...), I have managed quite well.
This is the first go ...


This is what they looked like when I de-molded them. I am recycling the pewter that I recycle for other things rather than buying new alloys, so it is a bit grubby. I am working on a way to fix that but for now I am content to deal with the scuzzy bits. These were actual twigs that I collected and used to create a mold.



I used a paperclip topper to make the bird mold - I think it will be rather sweet ...
And here are the twigs all cleaned up ...




I am delighted with the detail from the molds - I patinaed this one to highlight the craggy bark.

And in-situ ...





Copper "twigs" and a hand-shaped crockery shard - I am not sure the photo does it justice really because you miss all the detail of the twig - sigh - never mind I bet you get the idea huh? Oh happy days - I can see this becoming an obsession!

30 comments:

Rustic Tarts said...

Oh yes, the photo does do it justice - absolutely beautiful. Clever you!

Lyndel said...

terrific! well done, the twigs look great, as does the little bird.. .. and the crockery shard.WOW!! LOVE IT♥

ladychiara said...

Well done. Love your little twigs and the birdie and the crockery shard has come up a treat! You are so creative!

urbandon (Don Pezzano) said...

Fantastic look. Well done.

Mogs Designs said...

Brilliant!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

generic ativan much needed overdose ativan - ativan withdrawal time period

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online cheap no prescription generic names for xanax - xanax side effects recreational

Anonymous said...

buy xanax cheap xanax bars what do they do - buy good xanax online

Anonymous said...

buy xanax xanax and alcohol dangers - xanax overdose cure

Anonymous said...

diazepam injection rectal diazepam for dogs - snorting diazepam valium

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan dosage seizures - ativan side effects tingling

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan withdrawal and seizures - lorazepam 1mg pics

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam diazepam 10mg what is it used for - diazepam dosage before mri

Anonymous said...

cheap zolpidem ambien cr discount - ambien side effects vision

Anonymous said...

soma generic carisoprodol 250 mg - carisoprodol oral side effects

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online online prescription for ambien - ambien not going sleep

Anonymous said...

ambien sleep ambien side effects gastro - ambien side effects forum

Anonymous said...

buy soma buy somatropin malaysia - somanabolic muscle maximizer does it really work

Anonymous said...

valium no prescription needed generic for valium 10mg - valium classification

Anonymous said...

buy zolpidem online ambien cr coupon - ambien cr withdrawal insomnia

Anonymous said...

buy valium online valium 031 - buy valium paypal

Anonymous said...

ambien pill side effects of zolpidem tartrate 10 mg tablet - ambien cr 25 mg dosage

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambien generic coupon - use ambien insomnia

Anonymous said...

buy valium online valium xanax anxiety - buy xanax valium online florida

Anonymous said...

order diazepam valium dosage for social anxiety - valium side effects for cats

Anonymous said...

ambien zolpidem enhance ambien high - free online ambien sound generator

Anonymous said...

buy valium online overnight delivery valium drug ingredients - valium dosage by body weight

Anonymous said...


Right here is the perfect site for anyone who really wants to understand this topic. You understand a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that I really will need to…HaHa). You certainly put a fresh spin on a subject which has been written about for decades. Excellent stuff, just wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I like your website and want to share software that helps you rank #1 in Google for your keyword. It's 100% FREE!! To try for 14 days! Don't take my word for it, visit the website watch the videos and try the software yourself and see tons of traffic coming to your websites to start making a ton of cash online!

http://senukextrial.com