Sunday, April 17, 2011

Flea Market Finds

Well, the Great Button Embargo of 2011 has been well and truly lifted! Yes indeedy, I succumbed to the lure of their shiny roundness - and the fact that this big heap only cost two bucks. I am a sucker for a bargain ...

Most of these are rather modern but they are great Autumn colours and there are one or two really nice metal ones that I think would be great models to cast - like the one with the flowers on the left there. And this one with a coat of arms ...

At the very same op-shop I found a lovely piece of embroidery. The volunteer lady told me her Grandma had stitched it ...


It is like an envelope bag I guess - very pretty huh? Just look at those neat stitches!


A little later I found some more cute embroidery ...




Puppies (or possibly kittens?) in pots! Seriously cute. I think I will use these pieces to cover the front of a messenger bag. First I will have to add a few stitches to the dog/cats as they have no eyes and I will feel bad if they remain blind! Lots of folks find lots of cool stuff and share it over at Sophie's, so why not pop over and check it out?!

8 comments:

Cathy said...

I cannot ever pass up buttons at a thrift store! Nice!

Becky from Florida said...

Another lover of buttons! I will have to post a pic of a HUGE jug that I purchased at a yard sale that the man had been collecting for 20 years. Oh my!

I also love any with embroidery. That was my favorite hobby in my teens.

Great finds!

Lea said...

you can never have too many buttons..

ladychiara said...

Your buttons are beautiful! I am so in love with those embroidered pieces especially the bluebird. :)

Melissa said...

Just too cute, well done with the buttons

JeTaimeVintage said...

Love those embroidery pieces especially the bird, and the little gold crest button! Great finds!

nadine paduart said...

oh! yes! button casting! the flowery ones!!
i am quite taken by that swallow holding an envelope in its beak too, dunno why...
n♥

Unknown said...

Buttons, buttons, buttons! One can never have enough buttons.

Buffie
http://scrappingwithbuffie.blogspot.com/