Saturday, April 23, 2011

More textile goodness ...

So, whilst I had the contents of my fabric cupboard strewn all over the place, I decided to get onto a project that I thought about at Christmastime. I was going to make some journals as gifts but, despite having purchased the blank journals, never quite got the idea off the ground! Yesterday was the day and I snipped and appliqued 5 little removable journal covers - go me!





















I used a combo of new and vintage fabrics and odd bits and pieces I ahd lyimg around. Today they went off to brighten the shelves of a lovely shop in a nearby town - if they don't sell at least I will have made an early start on Christmas!

3 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

What fabulous little books. I too have made a start with some covers but like many things at my place at present they're waiting to be finished. I need to go back to work full time and find the time to get things done.

Numinosity said...

These are so sweet, I don't think you'll have any trouble selling them!
Soon I'm going to be back to my sewing machine in Alaska, I have a few ideas floating around in my head.
xoxo Kim

Rustic Tarts said...

They all look so nice, I would have trouble knowing which one to buy!