Sunday, October 3, 2010

Flea Market Finds

An odd assortment to share with you and all those joining in with Sophie's meme. First up some really cute stacking mugs that my daughter spotted . They are made of the same stuff as baking dishes. Perfect for a picnics methinks.





 This booklet had to come home with me just by virtue of its amazing cover! Good old plastic - how happy she looks to be setting out to fill up her home with handcrafted plastic goodies!


 This poor tin is pretty battered but is still charming.



This next little item will not be gracing my body - ever, at all, not in a pink fit - sadly my 47 year old bosoms rely on far more technology than is offered by this piece of nonsense!

 However, if you look closely you will see a rather nice sparkly jewellery component just waiting to be disconnected from this bit of frippery. Do I sound bitter - there was a time (oh distant youth!) when I would have considered this a great addition to my wardrobe. sigh.



If you have hit the thrift stores this week I hope you had heaps of fun and found lots of exciting treasures! I am summoning up my courage and joining in with Blogtoberfest ( see button on side for more info) even though it means using the "C" word - 'commitment' I mean! Today would be Day 3 so I am already a bit behind but I have really good intentions ....

15 comments:

Tracey said...

hehe :) funny post.

Wondering what you'll do with that diamente bit?

Snooze said...

i'm looking for mugs like that as well ... i'm jealous! LOL
My Flea Market Find

melania said...

the mugs are gorgeous!!!!

Unknown said...

heheh, funny.

I absolutely love the stacking cups, they are wonderful!

Tracey@bountifully said...

oh I love those mugs, fabulous finds!

BOB & MABEL said...

Love the mugs too! You found some great things, well done.

nicole said...

best stacking mugs ever!!!

Irene ~ RE~VINTAGED said...

Im with you regarding the top and probably would have bought it for the same reason. Gave me a good chuckle too :)

zigsma said...

Love those stackers and the tin is gorgeous!

Cherie said...

Funny post Sue, lovely finds! Especially thanks for the stroll down memory lane reminding me how I once detested those mugs with avengeance! Times change ;)

Brenda said...

I think those mugs are the best find.....I love the designs on them.

Kylie said...

Love the prints on the mugs - what a find. LOL at the comment on the halter top - I wish I could fill them:)

Alison said...

Yay for the mugs. Nice bling on the bra thing, ooh the possibilities.

Sherrin said...

Wow! Those cups are amazing! GREAT find.

kit and nancy. said...

what amazing finds! those cups are fantastic. that booklet is a treat, well done. there's one of those for sale in a vintage store nearby and it goes for $40! have a good weekend.