Monday, October 25, 2010

Working, working, working!


I finally spent time at my workbench on Sunday morning making some things for a local shop. First up, a pair of ear-rings made of brass (from an old planter) and printed tin from a tea caddy.


These ones have been crafted from an old pewter tankard. It must have been a trophy or a 21st present I think because it had a name and '1966' engraved on it. It patinas beautifully and shows off those chubby pearls rather nicely!


These look so nice in reality - I am a bit disappointed with the photo. I made these from a copper bowl (you might remember it from here) and again the brass planter.



These are just a bit of fun really. I made some similar for my daughter and she loves them and has had many favourable comments when she wears them. Not for the feint hearted though!


These are all now safely delivered to Alabaster, along with a few other bits and pieces that I didn't get to photograph - my camera konked out. Just as well really judging by the quality of those pics! I am waiting for a new little camera that I have spent ALL my Flybuy points on. Living in a rural area, it takes an age to rack up points but I received one of those "use it or lose it" kind of emails from them so I decided I may as well use them up. Just waiting for delivery now!

3 comments:

Numinosity said...

I like what you're doing with the re-purposed metal.
You must have a good disk cutter? They look like fun.
xoxo Kim

Two Dog Pond said...

These are beautiful! Love the tins. Adore the asymmetrical birds!

Laurie said...

You are amazing -- I love how you repurpose everything! My favorite are the ones where you used a tea tin!