Sunday, October 31, 2010

Flea Market Finds


Well here it is, the final day of Blogtoberfest! Many thanks to tinniegirl for hosting this event. It has been fun - at times challenging but a great way to "meet" other bloggers. I missed a couple of days but I figure that is not too bad for someone who usually runs from the room screaming when the "C" word (commitment) is flung around! There wasn't alot of op-shopping going on this week - what with dentist appointments (root canal!), Uni (aasignments!) and worst of all HOUSEWORK, but I scrounged up a few nice things! I went to one op-shop in the inner city with my daughter though and nearly died with my leg in the air at the prices! Truly, I was gobsmacked to see dresses from places like 'Supre" ticketed at $30! Madness! Anyway, from my dear little country oppies I gathered up the following ...

I scored some nice tins this week but was so eager to play with them that I deconstructed them before I took their photographs! So, you can only see samples of them here in the form of those birdies-soon-to-be-brooches. I also bought some large plates with patterns in the middle to see if I could cut and shape them into pendants. Buttons - well there are always buttons ... Some letter dice - wooden no less,and another tin. The beads are just lovely, all handmade and glazed in such nice colours. I think I will re-thread them into a necklace for myself. Well, it is time to farewell Blogtoberfest - time is marching on! Head over to Sophie's to check out everyones fun finds this week.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I am loving those birdies

Anonymous said...

I always think later that I should have taken photos after I'm half way projects.