Thursday, October 28, 2010

Maiden Voyage.


I have just sent off an application to our local gallery to be a part of an up-coming exhibition. This is the first time that I have put my work before a selection panel. Hope they are gentle with me. We were invited to submit up to 8 pieces for consideration. I showed off my china necklace yesterday. Here are a few others.

 Okay so you saw this one on the last post - but here it is made up and ready to wear with it's sweet little freshwater pearl dangle.

I guess I was on a bit of a roll with the whole china thing...


I just couldn't take a good photo of this piece! It has chandelier crystals, bronze links, pearls, buttons and a vintage cabachon. Oh and the heart has a small piece of tin riveted within the 'window'. Tis rather girly.


Pewter and pearl ear-rings. These were made from a pewter tankard that had an inscription 'R. Weir, 1966' - a trophy or a 21st pressie maybe?


When is a tin not a tin? When it is a folksy lookin' bracelet, that's when!


Well, here's hoping the selection committee like at least some of the pieces. I would like to get to know this part of my community better so joining the exhibition would be a good place to start I reckon. I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those ceramic pieces are really beautiful. Like what you did with the tin and the riveted links are cool. Hope it works in your favour- although selection commities can be a bit snooty. I'm sure you wont have any problems though!

Melissa said...

Tell me when,
I love the china bird

Jo said...

These are all wonderful. Good luck!