Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Super Summer Strawberry Jam.

Blogtoberfest (Day 26)

Ok so it is not officially Summer yet but there are masses of strawberries in the shops and I just couldn't resist them. So, I broke out the jam-making gear and got cooking!

Into the pot they go - getting nice and mushy (yes, that is a technical jam-making term!)
And mushier and mushier ...

I fished out my old jam funnel - it has been a few years since it has seen the light of day so it took a bit of fossicking!
And the finished product.
Yummo! The kitchen smelt divine for hours afterward. Doing this brought back such fun memories of a time when I had small children, living in a town in the hills where we grew a fantastic assortment of berries. In the Summer if the kids were out of eyesight I always knew I would find them flopped belly-down in the berry patches, gorging themselves on handfuls of strawberries, loganberries and raspberries. It's a good life.

2 comments:

debby emadian said...

This is a lovely post Sue.....we made a kind of mulberry jam at the end of the summer and had some with pikelets for brunch on Sunday.........

(pikelets are my new discovery.....I can't stop making them and it's only been two days since I found out about them!

I love your jam funnel...I get a bit obsessed with kitchenalia.....

What great jam making memories you have......

...I'll be back to read more....
Deb

Melissa said...

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I'll be breakfasting soon!