Sunday, October 10, 2010

Flea Market Finds


I have had my fair share of tootling around the oppies this week - it was especially fun because I got to go with Miss Kath Pathwalker. Here are some of the things I unearthed.

 Lovely vintagy goodness - can't wait to use some of these components.
This piece has been the subject of a makeover - these are the before shots

Admittedly, she is not completely unfortunate looking but I felt I could improve her - these are the after shots ...


 Now she is like a small bronze statue rather than an oppie candlestick. I think she is far more appealing like this! I will buff her a little bit to give her some areas of slight shine but I am still contemplating the best way to achieve this without destroying her lovely patina.
Hope your thrift store adventures were as fun-filled as mine this week - check out everyone's stuff over at Sophies.

10 comments:

Enchanted Moments said...

oooh, she has come up lovely, I would leave her as she is....what a great finish and transformation.
Hey, nice crucifix, Ill be interested to see what you do with those.

BOB & MABEL said...

Love what you've done with the statue, she looks great. Beautiful jewellery finds too!

Anonymous said...

See, her head was perfectly safe.......why did people assume she might get the chop????? Good job done! So, now it's a REALLY special hood ornament! Hope the husband likes it there! xx Kath.

Hannah said...

oh my gosh look at all that gorgeous jewelry!!!!

My Handmadehappiness said...

what finds... go you looking forward to seeing what you make with you jewelery finds :o)

nadine paduart said...

simply grand conversion! well done!!

Brenda said...

The makeover on the statue makes it look like on of those expensive ones at the garden nursery!

Rustic Tarts said...

I have looked and looked for rosary beads and never find any unless they are outrageously priced. Good finds!

Melissa said...

snicker, giggle
yeap, great hoodie ornie!!

Numinosity said...

OK, being new to your blog I have to ask what does "oppie" stand for- must be like a garage sale or thrift shop?
xoxo Kim