Monday, August 17, 2009

Conflicting feelings!

I know that when you exhibit stuff part of the plan is to sell the stuff but sometimes when you do it feels a bit wierd. Perhaps it is because you are especially invested in the piece or were really challenged by making it. The sale of this piece is a bittersweet thing - I am happy someone loved it enough to spend their hard earned dollars on it and will get lots of joy from wearing it (I hope!) but I am a bit sad to see it go. It is a bit dopey to feel that way but there you go! The idea for this piece was floating around in my head for a long time before I developed the skills to actually make it!! I guess in one way it has been a part of my life for a while now! The felt in it was made on a weekend away in the Yorke Penninsula with my best pals and hand cutting those circles was a challenge! Actually, now that I reflect upon it, I am glad it has gone to a new home because it leaves space in my head to develop something new. Still, I don't know how painters ever let go of their work!

3 comments:

Rustic Tarts said...

It IS lovely - I bet the new owner is enjoying having it in her life.
If you hadn't sold it you would wonder why others didn't like it as much as you did -so now you have the confirmation that others do like that style you can create 'bigger & better' - and you will find cutting the circles even easier next time......(maybe?)

sue said...

You are so right - I feel better just ahving blogged about it! Amazing what a little articulation can do for you!

Melissa said...

I want it all!!