Sunday, June 27, 2010

Flea Market Finds

Nothing beats the fun of op-shopping with your best mates - had a ball scouring some of the oppies in Melbourne recently and this is what I found ...

It doesn't look all that exciting here but this lovely piece of glassware has cleaned up beautifully - the coloured bits in the bottom appear to float - I love it!

And this little fella found me - honest! He had to come home and join the ever growing band of pixies/elves at my house. Clearly whoever was making these guys back in the day,did not have a high opinion of "little people" because all of mine have this vaguely threatening, malevolent gaze ....

Closer to home I came across this poor decapitated critter and just had to bring it home - and yes, they charged me 50 cents for the privelege!
Oh so forlorn and - well , broken!

All fixed and as cute as a button - well worth the investment I think!

4 comments:

mylittlebirdie said...

very cute kitty, i agree well worth the .50cents. and that vase looks lovely very unique : )

melania said...

That little cat is adorable with it's big eyes and yellow flower. Reminds me of some gluing that I need to do - well done taking care of it!

Nick said...

Love malevolent little pixie. Gorgeous. Just hope he doesn't come to life on the middle of the night and stick pins in your ears! (I don't know where that came from!)

Hayley Lau said...

Often I find op shops don't sell broken pieces like the cat - but it's a shame to throw them out with crafty people like you willing to put in a little love.

Cute finds!