Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Speaking of all things Alice ...

The Alice in Wonderland/Vintage High Tea-party 21st celebration was a big hit! The games, the decorations, the costumes - everything was just perfect - even the weather was outstanding! My daughter went as Alice and had requested  a necklace to go with her outfit (she was a slightly punked up version of Alice) and this is what I came up with...



I wonder if anyone recognises the little bottle? Although the label was missing when I got it ( it was amongst those Flea Market Finds a while back), I am pretty sure it is an old Bex bottle - y'know those headache tablets your Mum always took? I must say that after all the party preparations I am ready for "a Bex and a little lie down"! The key was also amongst the Flea Market goodies. The heart however is new. I cut it from copper and then enamelled it and tried really hard to burn the edges to get that aged look. " Alice" also wore a cuff with a muffin on it that said "Eat Me". Try saying "Muffin Cuff " three times really,really fast after a few champagnes ... yeah, you get the picture!
Do you suppose now that I have  a child who is 21, I am officially an adult?

4 comments:

Rustic Tarts said...

I said on Melissa's blog that it was a great theme for a party, and it would have been heaps of fun. Did YOU dress up as well?

Ro Bruhn said...

I think it's a Bex bottle Sue. I love the heart, I'm not having a lot of success with the enameling with the torch, I think I need more practice.

Anonymous said...

I love the red heart, and yes I agree, the bottle looks like an old Bex bottle.....
Yes, I guess you qualify as an adult now....my eldest will be 40 at the end of the year, I guess I will officially be a "mature adult" ????

Melissa said...

No Darl, we'll never grow up!
M
xxx