Friday, February 1, 2013

making day

The sky is overcast and gloomy and it has been cold the last few days. Unusual for this time of year but it does make you long to cosy up indoors and make stuff. My daughter came up today for a "making day". It was lovely. On the week-end her brother had given her some stencils as a birthday pressie so we put them to good use. She made t shirts (pics on another day!) and I made a journal cover. Together we made quite a bit of joyful mess!


Paint and stuff everywhere.


My daughter showed me how to make these graduated colours ...


 After I had stenciled I got to cut and stitch and embellish - heaps of fun!


Is there a better way to spend the day?

2 comments:

Two Dog Pond said...

That is lovely! What a fun day you had with your daughter!

Emma said...

Fabulous, inspires me to get on with my book ;) Love that press below even tho I don't have a clue as to what a pancake die is! What clever friends you have ;)