Sunday, May 29, 2011

Flea Market Finds

It seems as the weather gets colder it is harder to find the motivation to step out of a cosy, warm house. Still, there is thrifting to be done so like all stalwart Treasure Hunters, I soldiered on! This week I discovered - to my surprise - that I have a penchant for angels, or more precisely images of angels. I only brought one home with me but I was tempted by several others.


I think the real appeal of this picture is in fact the foil cake paper that has been used on the frame - very inventive and adding just that bit of glitz don't you think?!


... and doesn't she have a serene face - so kindly even when dealing with marauding children rampaging through fragile ecosystems - gotta admire that! I also found a rusty lotus-shaped votive holder - I think it might find its way into a shrine of some sort.


 I also recycled some op-shopped t-shirts into necklaces.




These are definitely "site specific" pieces - they look so great on an actual body but a bit dodgy just sitting around. For a sqizz at what has been going on in the world of thrifting, head  over to Sophie's.

27 comments:

The Joyful Thrifter said...

That necklace is absolutely fabulous!

Could you do instructions on how to make that lovely?

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter

Vintage Scapes said...

I think you photographed the necklaces very well. I can imagine how beautiful they are on a person, great job!

Leah said...

The picture is a wonderful find, the necklaces are very clever!

Lea said...

oh my you are clever. the necklace is gorgeous. gosh I'll be having a dabble at one of those.

Enchanted Moments said...

I collect vintage religious frames and pictures, and that is a doozy, very nice....I have several of the guardian angels to watch over my marauding children...not sure what people think when they enter my home, that I will start reciting passages from the bible or something, but I do have quite a bit, and cant resist them when I come across them....God Bless...lol...

Michelle said...

I really like the angel picture and frame! Just beautiful.

Laurie said...

No, the necklaces look great just sitting there, too! What a great job of recycling!

nadine paduart said...

marauding children rampaging fragile ecosystems... i smile at your words, i do. i'm often moved by the bitter sweetness of these kind of pictures. blaspemiously (huh? is that a word?) i use them up on covers for notebooks, after i've shellacked the paper with clear glue...
i know, what a job!
n♥

Melissa said...

Great necklace, Lovely angel picture

Anonymous said...

ativan drug ativan side effects heart rate - effects of ativan overdose

Anonymous said...

generic zolpidem zolpidem tartrate 10 mg recreational use - order ambien online canada

Anonymous said...

alprazolam xanax xanax and zanaflex drug interactions - xanax high stories

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam lethal dose of valium for dogs - diazepam 2 mg dzialanie

Anonymous said...

lorazepam mg generic ativan identification - ativan side effects heart rate

Anonymous said...

diazepam synthesis diazepam 10 mg efectos adversos - buy diazepam using paypal

Anonymous said...

cheap ativan online lorazepam 1mg tablets nhs - ativan side effects dosage

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan dosage 6 mg - amount of ativan overdose

Anonymous said...

online ambien ambien withdrawal leg pain - ambien er 12.5

Anonymous said...

soma carisoprodol carisoprodol 350 mg tablets used - soma medication wiki

Anonymous said...

valium no prescription needed buy valium with mastercard online - buy valium cheap online

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambience mall gurgaon india - order ambien from mexico

Anonymous said...

valium depression valium diazepam dogs - buy valium no prescription

Anonymous said...

cheap carisoprodol where to buy somaflex - soma medication online

Anonymous said...

ambien ambien side effects rage - zolpidem sleeping pills side effects

Anonymous said...

online pharmacy for valium can you buy valium in uk - valium 5mg or 10mg

Anonymous said...

soma muscle soma drug recreational - soma online codes

Anonymous said...

Hi, MoxoredapeTox sibutramine price - meridia for sale http://www.amaryllisgarden.com/#meridia-for-sale