Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Getting on with it!

So what has been stopping me from getting to work on some gear for an exhibition in August? Could it be the looming deadlines for Uni assignments? Perhaps it is the challenge of getting out of bed now the mornings are cold and dark?
Of course I have been enjoying the company of dear friends lately ... Maybe I have just been doo-lallying about or worse still, procrastinating! Valid as all these reasons might seem, I had a sudden revelation last night  - in a flash of brilliant clarity the reason for my lack of progress was startlingly clear - I DON"T HAVE A NICE JOURNAL! Doh - it should have been obvious some time ago that one must have a suitable receptacle for one's ideas and designs. So, it was full steam ahead last night and I whipped up a decent sort of cover for the only journal (not in use) that was lurking in my work room .... 




An assortment of odd bits gleaned from the fabric cupboard - I see a bit of a bandanna in there along with a shirt I got from the oppie that the ManBeast declared too "girlie" to wear - that's the small roses on a cream background - pfft - too girlie indeed!

 This is a bit of a woven placemat thing - I remember buying it for the graphic without any real intention for it's use and now here it is, gracing the front of my new art journal - which just goes to prove that covetting interesting fabric and hoarding it is in fact a perfectly sensible thing to do.

And now, the process begins ...




  Wish me luck ...

4 comments:

Lyndel said...

oh YOU dont need luck, you have buckets full of inspiration and talent. Love the new journal!

Melissa said...

It's just right for you
well done
M
xxx

Ms Kath Pathwalker said...

Beautiful darling....now get thee into thy crafters headspace
....it's probably warm in there!

sue said...

Lyndel - many thanks - some bright spark suggested it was 1% inspiration and 99% hard work darn it! To the Mog and the Pathwalker - putting nose to grindstone as I type!
x
sue