Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gone to a good home.

Today I wanted to share some pics of a necklace that has recently gone to a new home. Quite some time ago, the lovely Elizabeth broke her lurker status to leave a comment on my blog and won this piece - it has taken me a few extra minutes to get it made and posted but I am happy to tell you that it has reached its destination and its new owner sounds dead pleased with it! That in turn makes me feel great and I like to imagine Elizabeth wearing and enjoying her new piece of jewellery. Meantime, the sun is shining, my house is full of family for a few days, my son passed his drivers test, I have been able to spend a whole day with my dearest pals and pretty much all is right with the world this week!

I decided on something with a vintage feel and wanted to include at least one handmade feature.

In order to achieve a vintage look I decided on pastel colours and bronzy wire to create a beaded chain. I used some cream ceramic beads, a couple of pretty pale blue lampwork beads, some crystals and a couple of minty blue/green vintage beads that were resurrected from an op-shop necklace.

I made a hanger for the tassel using copper wire that I flattened and bent (a few times!) and then wire wrapped.
To the hanger I added a chandelier crystal,ceramic beads, an aged rhinestone rondell and one richly coloured Swarovski crystal. Capped of with a sweet little bird charm. All of these were strung onto copper headpins that I made too.
I received a lovely email from Elizabeth - "Thank you so very much for making my necklace, it was as if you knew exactly what I like and what colours I wear, blue being my favourite." - how cool is that?

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

"Dead pleased with it" is an understatement. This is the most gorgeous piece and I ♥♥♥ it....yes Sue, the sun has also been shining in my house today, in more ways than one....As it streamed through the window this morning and onto the table where my precious necklace was placed (for all and sundry to see and me to admire) it reflected on the crystals, what a beautiful sight and what a bright shiny start to my day.

I can't thank you enough, did I mention how much I love it appreciate the time you spent on it just for me?...

Kindest regards,
Elizabeth♥

Anonymous said...

Awww, well done!! Finding the right lid for the right pot is always a pleasure. A really beautiful piece darling.xxx

My Handmadehappiness said...

you really a oh so very talented.....