Sunday, July 17, 2011

May I introduce ...

 The Drifters.


These little beasties came into being over the course of the week-end. They are brooches (on the largish side!) and are made from driftwood, EPNS, pewter, brass and ink. They are super special to me because I collected the driftwood whilst I was on a lovely week-end away with my dear friends. We went for a brisk afternoon walk along the beach and, with eyes cast down, we found lots of treasure - all of which was donated to yours truly. Even a whole swag of cuttlefish that will be great to cast into - well so I have heard I haven't actually tried that yet ...


This is Squidjilly

This is Sqidjilly's friend El Crabbo


And this is Sardinia.

I must say that working with wood was a new experience for me but one I enjoyed immensely. Of course driftwood is rather soft and very light so I think it was a good choice for a first attempt at carving. These beasties will be joining in the fun during SALA at my exhibition.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

OMG, they are brilliant, so bright I love them.
Great mix wood and silver

Rustic Tarts said...

Lovely to meet them all!
We're planning a visit to see your exhibition, so make sure you keep pumping out the goods!

Ms Kath Pathwalker said...

WoW! Absolutely too cute! BRILLIANT!! What a wonderful weekend that was. xx

Numinosity said...

OK I'm pretty sure you can quit your day job with these little guys. I've always said that any craft that has eyes on hem will be snatched up in a hurry!
You really came up with a fun and original idea and as always just the right amount of metal to show of your skills.
Fun fun!
xoxo Kim

Two Dog Pond said...

These are delightful!
(My word verification is refit - perfect for your site!!)