Monday, September 10, 2012

New pendant - as promised!

I spent a goodly amount of time blathering (?) about trying to decide how to finish off the pendant I showed you in the last post. Did I want to make a bail? Or maybe just a hole? Or hang it from a tube thing? Arrrggghhh - damn that 'design by making' thing! Anyway, here 'tis ...

Riveted together
The hanging mechanism - a little pewter casting.
I thought a bird was a good fit with the 'tree' printed on the tin.
I used dyed Sesame Jasper for the necklace.
It has been ages since I did any kind of beading - my focus has been on other kinds of jewellery making so it was lovely to have a fish about and select these lovely stones.

Reclaimed pewter, tin, sterling silver, vintage Japanese seed beads, dyed sesame jasper.
I am not planning to list things much on Etsy because I have  a web-site under construction - and well it all seems like a bit of an effort ... For the time being, I thought I would show you the pieces for sale as I make them and if anyone is interested they can email me. This was great fun to make so I think I will be making some more - maybe some earrings too ...?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow it looks great!!

Numinosity said...

That bird is just so perfect for this piece. Just happened to have it handy, eh. That's when being a collector comes in handy doesn't it! I think this is a fine piece that will sell quickly as soon as you put it up. i think you could ride with this formula for awhile.

Steph said...

Woww it's gorgeous ! And yes, make some earrings too! :)