Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thrift-a-long

I think the very nature of op shopping is why it is so appealing - you never know what you might find - or won't find! It really is like a treasure hunt. I think as a vice/pastime it is pretty innocent - way less expensive than playing the pokies, but probably as addictive. I had occasion to be a depositor at the local thrift store this week. It is Spring so I had that urge to clean out my wardrobe so I recycled back all those clothes I just don't need - most of which came from an op shop in the first place. One can never simply drop and run. I had to have a look around ...


Honestly I am not that fond of clowns and I really don't like china dolls - this one though has rather nice hands ...


I think they will work well in a necklace or somesuch. Of late, I haven't found much in the way of pewter in my op shop forays. And when I have, it has been really pricey - sometimes as much as ten bucks for a tankard! That is a bit steep for me so imagine how happy I was to find these ...


They are battered and worn which makes zero difference in the melting pot.


And they were only fifty cents each. That's what I'm talking about!
Hope you have found some wonderful treasures this week. 

2 comments:

Pam said...

Ha! As soon as I saw the hands and before I read what you'd put, I was thinking how good they'd look in some steampunk item! They will look good yes.
and of course, it would be the most hardened heart/soul that could actually drop and run!!
Excellent buy with the pewter too! Well found.
I've had my post all done and ready since yesterday just waiting for you to put up the link. lol. I've missed it the last couple of weeks but this time I've had some luck with the buys. ♥

Emma said...

I still (in my ripe ol' age) find hands a tad spooky but I can see why you couldn't POSSibly pass them up! Just been catching up & you've made some wonderful things (that fake steam p stuff drives me mad, too!) that boutonierre (sp) is gorgeous - I've been wanting to make a hat pin type of thing but something you can keep flowers in? Fabulous!