Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Crystal Clear

Remember that crystal that I captured in a brass setting a few days ago? You can see it here. I wanted to use it in an interesting way and let it be a part of a necklace rather than the focus of the piece. This is what I came up with ...

I have used it to create a pendant with an old watch case, chandelier crystal and a charm.


I have called this piece "Crystal Clear". I like to think of it as a bit of a talisman to promote clear thought and wisdom. I collaged the watch case with an eye print and encased a pearl for feminine wisdom and a sodalite star. Sodalite is believed to clear the mind and bridge the gap between your thoughts and your feelings. The word "clarity" is stamped onto some metal and remains fixed in place whereas the pearl and stone can move.

I have strung it on a piece of flocked tube and whilst I like the dimensions, I am not completely convinced about the material as I am not sure how well it wears.


So there it is - from conception to completion - in under a week - could be some kind of record for me as I do like to ruminate about the pieces ... Anyway I am dead delighted with the rustic chunkiness of this piece and its museum-like quality. I think I will be revisiting this idea.

3 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

What a fabulous piece. The crystal really compliments the whole. I love your combining of the elements to give it meaning.

Two Dog Pond said...

an amazing piece! I was wondering what you would do with the crystal... I like the raw crystal on top of the thought process and the chandelier crystal at the end.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece (what else would we expect!)