Saturday, March 27, 2010

The best things in life are the people you meet ...

Sometimes, life puts wonderful people directly in your path. Just lately I was lucky enough to cross paths with some very talented,interesting creative women and I thought I would share them with you!
Firstly let me introduce you to Julie my bench buddy during our lessons with Susan Lenart Kazmer.
Julie made some wonderful pieces. She is very talented, with a really distinct style. Honestly, I couldn't have asked for a more thoughtful bench buddy. We exchanged ideas and skills and chattered away about everything and nothing! I think SLK was a real inspiration for Julie and I watched her 'light up" as her creative desires became realities in the classroom.
Then there was the lovely Ro who was not only a student but also a teacher. I took Ro's stamp carving class and it was a really meditative experience. Ro is a generous and calm teacher but bubbles with enthusiasm for her crafts. Check out her work over here.
 Here she is busy making some amazing resin papers in Susan's class.

Now I am a bit annoyed that I don't have any photos of Jen to show you. This lady is pure goodness from the top of her head to the tip of her toes! She is cheeky and funny. Oh and did I mention that she is an awesome maker? Head over to her blog to see for yourself and I bet you will fall in love too!

Of course I couldn't blather on about "great people I have met" without mentioning the Diva herself - Susan Lenart Kazmer. This is an inspiring woman who connects so easily with the people around her that it is a good thing she doesn't have any plans for world domination! A truly gifted artist whose boundless energy seems to spark and light little creative fires in everyone she meets. I learned far more than techniques from Susan. She spoke with such passion and conviction about her creative path. She was accessible and generous and I felt full to bursting with renewed energy and self-belief after 4 days in her company. I also have to mention her delightful sister Cheri - an artist in her own right and also a very warm and funny woman to boot.
Truly, I may be a little star-struck but spending time in Susan's classes has had a big impact on me and I expect the evidence of that impact will trickle out for quite awhile.
And here she is - engaged in lively conversation, tool belt at the ready and fairly bristling with creative energy! The Divine Ms Susan Lenart Kazmer. (sigh!)

6 comments:

Jen Crossley said...

Wonderful to met you Sue at the retreat It was such fun we learnt so much,hope to meet you again soon

Ro Bruhn said...

It was great to meet you Sue, Susan's classes were so inspiring, as were your wonderful stamps, I'm still thrilled with your circle one, it's brilliant. Thanks for the link to my blog too, and the photo, I didn't know that was being taken. Hope to meet up again with you.

Rustic Tarts said...

Yes its great meeting like minded people.
Do we get to see the circle stamp that Ro mentioned??? Please?

Melissa said...

Cant wait to Hear more of your adventures of
"the utmost kind!"
M
xxx

artymarty said...

what lovely positive comments you have made Sue.I am so sorry I didnt catch up with you. Didn't spy you until the last day. Sounds like you had a wow of a time in SLKs classes.

Anonymous said...

oh you do have a crush!

I did too the first time I took her class - she had so much technical skill and demanded it of us which was a real challenge..

Now I know who you are -= the lady with the cool spoon peices...