Sunday, March 28, 2010

Flea Market Finds

During my travels last week, I managed to find a few op-shops open for business and happy to relieve me of some dollars! I loved the ones in the little towns on the way over to Melbourne but I must say they seem to be a bit more expensive than our South Aussie ones. Having said that, I did manage to find 5 decent tops for studio work for just one dollar each. I bought a number of little bits and pieces along the way but this piece was my favourite ...


I bought him in Daylesford. He has had a few repairs but actually works! Who could resist?

I also really liked this vintage fabric which I hope ( with the help of a couple of dear pals - hint hint!) to make into a skirt.

I thought these little crown buttons were too cute to pass up and I plan to use the upholstery nails straight away to fix up a chair for my daughters' flat.


I didn't get to join in Sophies meme last week so I am looking forward to catching up with all the interesting things everyone has found.
Hope you have all had a wonderful Treasure-Hunting week!

10 comments:

mel @ loved handmade said...

Isn't it amazing the things you find. I love those buttons & upholstery pins, you'll have to show us the chair when you're done!

BOB & MABEL said...

That orange fabric is amazing! You've done well.

Amanda said...

love the lamp - that's a great find! good luck with the skirt

Knicky Knacks said...

Love the squirrel lamp - just gorgeous. Look forward to swapping stories of more Op shop finds.

Melissa said...

Great Fabric, 1 skirt coming right up.
Love the lamp
M
xxx

Christina Lowry said...

Mr Squirrel is very cute! I wonder how old he is? Love those buttons too. I could not have walked past those either! :)

marian said...

oh that lamp is too cute..love the fabric too!

Collecting Feathers said...

Aww, cute as a button! xxNick

Jennie said...

What an amazing find that squirrel is! I love that vintage fabric too!

Snooze said...

beautiful treasure ... especially the pins. good luck with the skirt. i look forward to seeing how it turns out.