Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'm baaaack!

Oh my goodness, a week away from Blogland and I feel like I have missed out on a years worth of reading and posting! I have a lot of catching up to do. Last week I headed off on an "Artful Journey Of The Utmost Kind" and had the opportunity to attend classes with the divine Susan Lenart Kazmer. I've been carrying a torch for her and her work for quite some time now. It is always possible that actually meeting your idol might dim the flame a little bit, but  my "girl-crush" on the delightful SLK continues to burn brightly. Turns out that not only is she a terrifically talented artist but a warm and generous human being too! She has a really hearty laugh, quick wit and seems to delight in sharing her gifts. What a woman! If you are not familiar with her work nip on over here and have a squizz.I will tell you more about the Art Retreat this week but I just wanted to share a couple of pics from my journey! It is a reasonable drive from the Barossa to the Dandenongs and I am glad I had a sleep-over halfway!

 I had my i-Pod and my dashboard buddies for company!
.
There were inevitable roadworks and trucks along the way and these guys didn't seem to mind when I sang along with Regina Spektor at top note. If the kids had been in the car there would have been complaints and serious eye rolling! I really enjoyed the drive over and back - I love the countryside and the towns along the way. I had to drive through Melbourne ( not the CBD but the crazy highway/ East link thingo) and I found that a bit challenging - so many trucks that seem to be going too fast, masses of roadworks and speed limit changes! Still, I have lived to tell the tale so it couldn't have been too traumatic now could it?!

2 comments:

Rustic Tarts said...

I've been waiting for you to get back! You ARE a crazy woman, but its good that your passengers didn't mind.
Look forward to reading and seeing more in the next few days.

Melissa said...

were you multi tasking??
M
xxx